I got ths recipe in the cookery book that came as complimentary with my microwave oven. This is a very simple, easy to prepare, quick recipe.
1 cup flour
¾ cup sugar (Better to use powdered sugar as the beating effort and time are minimal)
2 eggs (You may use ½ cup curd if you are a vegetarian)
½ cup butter
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp soda bi-carbonate
5 tbsp milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Beat eggs/curd, butter and sugar, till fluffy and creamy.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, soda-bi-carbonate and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mixture to the beaten batter slowly.
- Add milk and stir gradually.
- The batter should be of a thin ribbon consistency.
- Pour the batter into a greased round microwave safe dish.
- The dish should be filled to atmost 3/4th of its capacity to allow space for the cake to rise.
- Microwave for 8 mins at 540ºC.
- Leave the cake to stand for 5 mins.
- Evenly spread chocolate sauce. Decorate with choco chips or grated chocolate or cherry or use your creative ideas.
- I prefer to eat the cake after refrigerating it for a while.