These brownies have been doing their rounds in the blogosphere and I made these recently. They were a bit fudgy and had a crisp crust. I added a hint of coffee to it and absolutely loved the choco-coffee flavour it imparted. Abbas and I had one piece each of these after dinner for almost a week. Once they were gone, I badly missed my post dinner brownie indulgence. So made another bunch of brownies, which will make for a new post soon.
Recipe Source: Leites Culinaria
Ingredients:Unsalted butter - 1 stick or 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoonsUnsweetened Chocolate -2 oz or 1/4 cup ( I used Morde's dark chocolate)
Sugar -1 cup
Vanilla - 1/2 tsp
Flour -1/4 cup
Salt -1/4 tsp
Instant Coffee powder - 1 tsp (optional)Walnuts chopped- 1 cup
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325F or 160C. Line a square baking tin with parchment paper.Prepare your baking pan.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together in microwave.
3. Add in the sugar and stir well until combined.
4. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5. Add vanilla extract and coffee powder and beat it well.
6. Fold in flour, salt & walnuts if using till all the ingredients are well incorporates. Do not overbeat.
7. Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for 40 mins.
8. Let it cool completely and cut into squares.