Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Condensed Milk Pound Cake



I have been on hibernation mode when it came to blogging. As Divya quoted rightly in one of her posts that she has named it 'Food Blogger Inactivity Virus'. I thought I must have been seriously affected. Sweet Punch was the only reason I made a 'once in a month' appearance. I've bin goin thru action packed weekdays, and weekends with one/many of the following: Maid bunks, whole day power cut, no water supply, child is sick, heaped up cloth-mountain to be ironed, and since last week we all were attacked by conjunctivitis. Well, I wanna come back now. And how? I'm posting two cakes bookmarked from Divya's blog, both using condensed milk.

I had bought a bundt cake tin on a whim coz I saw all my fellow bloggers baking mouth-watering attractive looking bundt cakes. I had baked a cake sometime back, but I didn't let it cool and it broke off to crumble. And then I saw Divya's recipe and thought of giving it a try. I followed the same recipe but used rose essence instead of vanilla essence. The cake turned out delicious but a little extra sweet, although the batter tasted right. Next time I make this, I would reduce the amount of sugar a little.



Ingredients

All purpose flour or maida - 1 1/3 cups
Sweetened condensed milk - 1 cup [ I used Amul Mithai Mate]
Powdered sugar - 1 Scant cup
Unsalted butter at room temperature - 1 cup
Eggs - 2
Baking powder - 3/4 tsp
Rose essence - 1 tsp
A pinch of salt
Method

1. Sieve the flour and baking powder until well combined. You can also whisk it well in a bowl until combined, if you don't have a sieve.
2. Beat butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy - 5 mins by hand, 2 mins by electric beater. Then add the condensed milk and repeat for the same time, until well combined.
3. Whisk eggs in a bowl for 2 mins with a fork and set aside.
4. Add the flour to the butter-sugar-condensed milk mixture and mix until just combined without beating too hard.
5. Add the eggs, rose essence and salt and combine well again.
6. Transfer to a greased cake tin or loaf pan and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C/325F for 30-35 mins. 7. Insert a toothpick at the center to test if the cake is done.
7. Cool, slice and serve. (Cooling is very important coz I have learnt form my mistakes)






This goes out to Priya's event -Bookmarked Recipes - Every Tuesday Event - 19th October 2010 (Volume 12)









Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. Looks so good Seema..you have tempted me to make it again!!

    ReplyDelete

Readers' comments play an important role in keeping a blog alive and pump the host's enthusiasm. They are very rewarding and each comment makes me jump with elation and sense of achievement. Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to receive your valuable feedback so that I can make this space better...

Seema

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...