In my previous post, I shared the recipe of Sichuan Sauce. Here's the recipe for momo. I used mushroom filling for the momos.
For Wanton Wrappers:
Maida - 1/2 cup
Warm water - 1/4 cup
1. Knead maida with warm water to make a firm dough.
2. Roll the dough into a large thin square sheet, about one millimetre think. Cut the sheet into three-inch squares.
For the mushroom filling:
Mushroom - 15-20, cleaned and chopped
Onion - 2 medium sized, finely chopped
Sesame oil - 1 tbsp (I used sunflower oil)
White pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Soya sauce - 1/2 tsp
Green chillies - 1-2, finely chopped (optional)
Salt - to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan. Saute onions till translucent.
2. Add rest of the ingredients and cook till mushrooms are cooked and extra moisture is evaporated.
3. Divide into 16 equal portions.
4. Place a wanton wrapper on your palm, put a portion of filling on it, gather the edges of the wrapper and pinch firmly together to form a dumpling.
5. Do the same with rest of the wrappers and filling.
6. Steam the dumplings for 8-10 mins or until cooked and translucent. (Since I don't have a Momo steamer, I used my Idli Steamer. But it took about15-20 mins for the momos to cook)
7. Serve hot with Sichuan Sauce.