Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chapathi Noodles


Abbas and I are both rice freaks. So we used to buy meager amount of Wheat Flour which I used for making Puris on weekends. Now that the kids love Chapathis, I end up with a comparatively larger supply of Atta. Mantam love Chapathis. And I never liked making chapathis but for their sake, I have no choice but to oblige. At times, chapathis are left over and no-one wants to eat a re-heated one in the next meal. One such day, I made these Chapathi Noodles inspired by Rak's Kitchen and it was gobbled down in a jiffy.

This is how I made it:

Ingredients:
Chapathis - 3
Veegies - 1/2 cup, sliced to thin long juliennes(Carrot, Beans, cabbage, capsium, spring onions)
Onion - 1 medium, sliced
Tomato sauce - 1 tbsp
Soya sauce - 1 tsp
Green chilli sauce - as per taste
Maggi cube - 1
Salt - to taste
Pepper powder - to taste
Scrambled eggs - 2 (optional)
Oil - tbsp

Method:
1. Stack chapathis and cut them into quarters. Now cut each stacked quarter into thin long stripes.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and saute for 2 mins.
3. Now add all the veggies and saute for another 2-3 mins. Add rest of the ingredients, chapathi strips and toss them well so that all sauces and veggies are uniformly mixed with noodles.

Note:
Since soya souce, chapathi and tastemaker/cubes have salt in it, be careful while adding extra salt.


Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

  1. Delicious and inviting chappathi noodles,i do the same way too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a brilliant idea! I have to try this some time!

    I have recently learnt how to freeze chapattis - so it has become easier to have them everyday - I make in bulk and freeze them in portions. Next time I defrost, I will defrost some just to make this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Seema
    A very innovative and delicious looking recipe using rotis as noodles. Wonderfully prepared.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete

Readers' comments play an important role in keeping a blog alive and pump the host's enthusiasm. They are very rewarding and each comment makes me jump with elation and sense of achievement. Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to receive your valuable feedback so that I can make this space better...

Seema

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...