Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Sichuan Sauce





I love love love this sauce... I can have it as a side dish. Back in Kolkata, Momos are one of the popular street foods and they are served along with this sauce. We went out to eat Chinese food and saw the next table being served some Dimsums while our desert arrived. Since then the steamed beauties have been haunting me. Made Mushroom Suimai to go along with Sichuan Sauce. Kids gorged on Suimai by dipping in Tomato Ketchup while Abbas and I drenched our sore throats in Hot Sichuan Sauce. Yummm...

I followed recipe from Sanjeev Kapoor's

Ingredients:
Red chillies - 10-12
Oil - 1/2 cup
Garlic cloves - 10, finely chopped
Green chillies - 2, finely chopped
Spring onions - 2, finely chopped
Ginger - 1", grated
Vegetable stock or water - 1/2 cup
Celery Stalk - 2-3", finely chopped (I skipped this)
Tomato Ketchup - 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Whitw Vinegar - 2 tsp
Spring onion greens - 2 stalks, finely chopped

Method:
1. Boil red chillies in a cup of water for 5-7 mins. Drain, cool and grind to a fine paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic, green chillies, spring onions and ginger. Saute for one minute. Add red chilli paste and continue to saute for a few more seconds.
3. Add vegetable stock, celery, tomato ketchup and salt to taste and stir well to mix.
4. Add vinegar and spring onion greens. Simmer for one minute and then take the pan off heat.
5. Cool and store preferably in the refrigerator. It will keep for about one month.



PS: Recipe for Momo to follow....


Best Blogger Tips

6 comments:

  1. Seema I love this sauce with hot steam momos... Nothing can beat this healthy snack ...your are tempting me dear...

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yum! Will see if I can try this today. Just reading this makes my mouth water :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super flavourful sichuan sauce,prefect to enjoy with some samosas..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally trying this out today, Seema. Can't wait for it to get done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made it, ate it, nirvana! Thank you Seema!!!

    ReplyDelete

Readers' comments play an important role in keeping a blog alive and pump the host's enthusiasm. They are very rewarding and each comment makes me jump with elation and sense of achievement. Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to receive your valuable feedback so that I can make this space better...

Seema

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...