Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Eggless Chocolate Cake with Mocha Icing





This is one more from Divya's blog. I've been quite successfully baking for quite some time now and trying my hand at icing and cake decoration. I have never attended any cake decoration classes, learning a lot from my fellow bloggers. This was my first trial with chocolate icing and must say I never knew it was a breeze to make. I regret for not having tried my hand at it earlier. The best part is the cake is eggless, perfect for an occasion where you have vegetarian guests (So that you don't miss out on their compliments!). Do check my kids' pics where they licked off cake tin, while I was icing the cake.

Ingredients

Maida/Flour-1 cup
Milkmaid - 1/2 tin
Milk - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar - 1 1/2 tbsp
Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
Baking soda - 3/4 tsp
Baking powder - 3/4 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp

For the Mocha Glaze Icing

Cocoa powder - 4 tbsp
Softened butter - 4 tbsp
Coffee - 1 tsp
Icing sugar - 1 cup-sifted
Walnuts/Cashew/Badam - 2-3 tbsp,crushed

To Soak - 1/4 cup Coke

Method

For the Cake

1. Sift maida with cocoa powder,baking soda and baking powder-keep aside.
2. Mix sugar and butter,beat till fluffy.
3. Add milkmaid,beat well.
4. Add milk,vanilla essence and maida.
5. Beat well for 3-4 minutes till the mixture is smooth and light.
6. Transfer to a greased baking dish.
7. Microwave on 80% power for 8 minutes.
8. Let it cool.
9. Cut the cake into two and soak with coke( I did not cut the cake,just sprinkled coke all over the cake)

For the Icing

1. Microwave 4 tbsp water in a bowl for 1 minute.
2. Add coffee,
cocoa and butter to it and mix well.
3. Gradually add the sifted icing sugar,mix well.
4. Glaze the cake with the icing and garnish with crushed dry fruits.
5. Refrigerate till the icing is set.
6. Serve with ice-cream.



Also goes out to Versatile Vegetarian Kitchen's Bake-Off Event


Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

  1. That looks very good. Thanks for the entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Love the cake...Looks so beautiful and inviting...:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey..here's another one from my blog..wow,I am loving it!!

    ReplyDelete

Readers' comments play an important role in keeping a blog alive and pump the host's enthusiasm. They are very rewarding and each comment makes me jump with elation and sense of achievement. Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to receive your valuable feedback so that I can make this space better...

Seema

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...