Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mushroom Pizza

I am not a huge fan of pizza. Only thing I love about them is the Cheeezzz. My kids too love cheese. When I presented them with their first ever pizza, Tammu nibbled on the cheese and obidiently handed over the rest back to me and was aiming at the pizza in Mannu's hand which she was religiously eating. I generally don't like haunting the pizza joints coz eating out for me would mean dining at a proper restaurant. I prefer home-made pizzas although with store bought pizza base. This time, mushroom was in the limelight. You could replace it with chicken or paneer perhaps. My pizza was almost Indianised for I smeared Indian curry base on top of the base before adding the toppings. No Italian seasonings. Please do try out, its easy to make and am sure everyone's gonna like it.

Ingredients:

Pizza base - 2
Capsicum - 1, cut into juliennes
Onion - 1 medium, cut into rings
Cheese - grated, to garnish the pizza with
Mushrooms - 8-10, washed and sliced or diced

For the curry base:
Onions - 2 medium, finely chopped
Tomatoes - 2 medium, pureed or finely chopped
Tomato sauce - 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp

Method:
1. Heat oil in a pan and pan fry the mushrooms. Remove from oil and keep aside.

2. In the same oil, saute onions till they turn transparent. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off. Add tomatoes and saute till oil oozes out. Add tomato sauce and salt. Combine and keep aside.
(Readymade curry bases are readily available in the market. They can be used too.)

To assemble:
Smear the half of the curry base on top of a pizza base uniformly. Top it with capsicum juliennes, onion rings, mushroom and sprinkle grated cheese uniformly on top. Grill the pizza for 5-6 mins, serve them hot.

(Shredded chicken or paneer can be used instead of mushroom)
Best Blogger Tips

3 comments:

  1. Your indianized pizza looks really good with veggies and melting cheese.
    There is an event going on in my blog, love to have your entries for the event.
    http://tasteofpearlcity.blogspot.com/2010/07/iftar-moments-hijri-1431-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that looks simply amazing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm - Thanks. Would love to participate in the event you are hosting. Will try to give it a go.

    Priya - Thank you for constantly dropping by and leaving some nice words to make my day.

    ReplyDelete

Readers' comments play an important role in keeping a blog alive and pump the host's enthusiasm. They are very rewarding and each comment makes me jump with elation and sense of achievement. Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to receive your valuable feedback so that I can make this space better...

Seema

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...