Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pepper Tangdi


I buy half a dozen chicken drumsticks whenever we pass the fish and meat section during our grocery shopping. I would be making mental plans as to what was I gonna do with the leg pieces. But somehow I end up with something else. This time I bought with hopes of churning out tandoori chicken legs to send out for an event that is going on in the blogosphere. But due to lack of pre-planning and time, I ended up with Pree's recipe. I am glad I did. Abbas's comment after hogging on this dish was that "It's very yummy. There's only one thing missing." Guess what it could be? Of course it was Potatoes! My Bengali husband.... Phew!

Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
Chicken drumsticks (skinless) - 6-7 (I used 4)

Onion - 1 large or 2 medium sized, finely sliced
Tomato - 1 large ripe, roughly sliced
Coriander leaves - 1 cup, finely chopped
Grated ginger - 1 tbsp (I used ginger paste)
Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Freshly powdered garam masala - 1/2 tbsp (I used Tadka masala)
Freshly pounded black pepper - 2 tbsp
Green chillies - 3-4, slit (My addition)
Oil - 2 tbsp
Bay leaf - 1
Salt to taste

Method:
1. Marinate chicken drumsticks with ginger garlic paste, pepper powder, half of the coriander leaves and garam masala / tadka masala. Keep aside for 30 mins.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf and onion, saute till they turn pink.
3. Add chicken drumsticks and saute on high heat, till you get golden brownish colour on the meat.
4. Add coriander leaves and salt. Combine, cover and cook on medium flame for about 5 mins.
5. Now add the tomatoes, cover and let the chicken cook in the juices that the tomatoes release. Add a little water if you want semi gravy dish.
6. Once the dish attains your desired consistency, garnish with some more coriander leaves and serve with Indian bread or with flavoured rice.



 


Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

Readers' comments play an important role in keeping a blog alive and pump the host's enthusiasm. They are very rewarding and each comment makes me jump with elation and sense of achievement. Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to receive your valuable feedback so that I can make this space better...

Seema

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...