Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Flourless Dark Chocolate Muffins - just 3 ingredients


I had baked Chocolate Mud Cake on my birthday and I distributed it among my team mates, bus mates, kids' creche caretakers and my maid. At the end of the day, when Abbas asked me for a slice of the cake, I was ashamed! I didn't have a crumb of it left and wanted to crawl under a rock... He said "How could you forget that I haven't eaten it?" He shook his head in disbelief and I can't express how I bad I felt! Anyway to make up for my grave mistake, I again donned my apron and baked these muffins. They are simply too delicious. The recipe was bookmarked from Suma's Cakes and More where it was a guest post by Madhuri of CookCurryNook... It was actually a flourless chocolate cake and called for 500g of dark chocolate. Since I had only 200g bar on stock, I adjusted the other two ingredients proportionatley and baked them in my muffin tray.


Ingredients:
Bitter-sweet dark chocolate compound - 500 gms  (I used the Selbourne brand 200g)
Butter - 1/2 cup + 2 tbsps (I used about 1/4 cup)
Eggs - 5 nos, at room temperature (preferably large-sized) (I used 2 eggs)

My measurements yielded me 9 muffins

Method:1. Cut the dark chocolate into small pieces and microwave with the butter for 1-2 minutes till the mixture melts into a molten liquid. The melting can also be done in a double boiler method.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F. Prepare your muffin try with muffin liners. 
3. Now, while your chocolate-butter mixture is cooling, separate the egg whites from the yolks and put them into two separate medium sized bowls.
4. Whip the egg whites in a medium/large grease free bowl until stiff peaks are formed and set aside (do not over-whip or the cake will be dry)
5. With the same beater beat the egg yolks together and set aside.
6. Add the egg yolks to the cooled chocolate. Stir well.
7. Next, fold in 1/3rd of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and follow with remaining 2/3rds. Fold until no white remains, without deflating the batter.
8. Pour the readied batter into muffin liners (the batter should fill the 3/4 of liners), and bake for 20 minutes. 
9. Cool muffins on a wire-rack for 10 minutes before serving.

Before: 


 After:



This goes out to Priya's Bookmarked Event Every Tuesday


Also goes out to 'Delicious Desserts' event hosted by Aliena @ What's Cooking Today


Best Blogger Tips

3 comments:

  1. Muffins looks wonderful,cant wait to try..

    ReplyDelete
  2. smart way to satisfy a hubby.......delicious cup cakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. neat stuff..thanks for entry!!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete

Readers' comments play an important role in keeping a blog alive and pump the host's enthusiasm. They are very rewarding and each comment makes me jump with elation and sense of achievement. Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to receive your valuable feedback so that I can make this space better...

Seema

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...