Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kadahi Paneer


These days I’m trying to plan my Menu at home based on the on-going events in the blogosphere. When I come to deeply think of it, food bloggers’ kitchens dispersed geographically all over the world brewing in unison towards a common cause. How wonderful is that? It’s a great feeling to be a part of this selfless virtual world. We learn from each other, compliment each other, be there for each other. Blogosphere has become an inseparable part of my life and I am enjoying myself to the core.

Today’s dish is Kadahi Paneer bookmarked from Aipi’s blog. This dish impressed Abbas and Ma who dislike Paneer otherwise. It was a breeze to make and at the same time delicious. I modified it a teeny-weeny bit.

Ingredients:
Paneer - 1 cup, cubed
Capsicum – 1 medium sized, cubed
Tomato – 1 large, finely chopped
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Onion – 1 large, chopped
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
Ajwain or carom seeds – ¼ tsp (I did not add just bcoz I forgot to)
Asafoetida – a pinch (I did not add just bcoz I forgot to)
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp or to taste
Coriander powder – 1tbsp
Kasuri Methi – 1 tbsp
Milk – ½ cup (optional, I added it to give this dish a semi gravy texture)
Salt to taste

Method:
  1. Heat a tsp of oil in a pan and shallow fry paneer cubes till golden brown. Keep aside.
  2. Heat rest of the oil in the same pan. Add mustard seeds, ajwain, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
  3. Once the seeds start spluttering, add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
  4. Add onions, salt and turmeric powder. Saute till onions turn golden brown in colour.
  5. Turn heat to medium and add capsicum, red chilli powder, coriander powder and sauté for a minute.
  6. Add tomatoes and coriander leaves and continue to sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add tomato ketchup, paneer, kasuri methi, milk (if using) and combine. Cook till you get the desired consistency.
  7. Serve with flavoured rice or Indian breads.

Sending this to Bookmarked Recipe every Tuesday hosted by Priya and Aipi herself.



Also to "Tried and Tested - US Masala" hosted by Priya
Best Blogger Tips

10 comments:

  1. Slurp, mouthwatering here..wat an irresistible and delicious kadai paneer..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy and delicious kadahi paneer...perfect with hot rotis..yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks absolutely gorgeous.lovely for rotis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy paneer ... This has always been my favourite ... U have made it perfectly... glad everyone enjoyed :)
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so very inviting and lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...very mouthwatering recipe....would love to try it sometimes !

    http://onlyfishrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You done it really nicely . I m glad to hear you n your family enjoyed it and really appreciate your kind words..

    Thanks a lot for linking this to bookmark event :)
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree.. blogosphere rocks! so does the paneer dish
    ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Readers' comments play an important role in keeping a blog alive and pump the host's enthusiasm. They are very rewarding and each comment makes me jump with elation and sense of achievement. Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to receive your valuable feedback so that I can make this space better...

Seema

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...