Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Chicken Vindaloo



I have quite a handsome number of items in my “Non-exhaustive To-do” list at any given point of time. How I wish there were more than 24 hours a day or perhaps only 6 hours at work and a mandatory holiday on Wednesdays. No, I don’t wish for weekends to be longer than 2 days. Coz I’m terrified at the thought of spending more than 2 days at home at a stretch. A Monday is always looked forward to as the Sun sets on Sunday. It marks the beginning of a new week and anticipation for Friday’s arrival.

This cycle came to a halt when I was carrying and my doc strictly enforced maternity leave on me about a month and a half before my due date. I was supposed to be on complete bed rest coz any more stress didn’t mean good to my twins. I was frustrated to the core with nothing to do… I started this blog to pen down my experience of this new found journey called ‘Motherhood’. I also would watch TV and note down recipes that fascinated me. Here is one of them. I don’t remember who or which programme it was. I have prepared this 3-4 times now and it turns out good, although the pics are not that appealing.

Ingredients:
Chicken – ¼ kg
Onion – 1 cup, sliced
Ginger paste – ½ tsp
Garlic paste – ½ tsp
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Coriander seeds – ½ tsp
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Fenugreek seeds – ¼ tsp
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – 3-4 strands
Oil
Salt

Method:
1.      Grind together ginger, garlic, mustard seeds, red chillies, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds to a smooth paste. Apply this paste and salt to chicken and keep aside.
2.      Heat oil and fry onions on a low heat till the onions turn dark and crispy. Take them out on a clean kitchen towel to remove all the extra oil. Grind to a paste along with vinegar.
3.      This is the dark paste that gives the color to the dish. Add this to the chicken and leave aside for 30 mins.
4.      Heat a little oil in thick bottomed pan/ Add the chicken with the marinade. Cook till chicken is tender and gravy is thickened.
5.      Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with Indian bread.



Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

  1. Slurp, fingerlicking chicken vindaloo,am an addict to this dish..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this..but sounds do-able with this recipe.. and sad to hear about the bed rest.. well it all paid off after you saw those 2 cute angels rt.

    ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a lovely vindaloo and plz take care of ur health dear and ur twins too.my prayers are with u

    ReplyDelete

Readers' comments play an important role in keeping a blog alive and pump the host's enthusiasm. They are very rewarding and each comment makes me jump with elation and sense of achievement. Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to receive your valuable feedback so that I can make this space better...

Seema

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...